Monday, January 11, 2010

For My Realtor Friends...Safety First!

Yesterday, I decided to go out to one of my vacant homes to take new photos of the fresh snow and make all of my ads much more current. Funny, how snow just happens and your realize how dated your fall photos are all of a sudden!

Well, on my way, I passed a man who was out with his dog, but he looked like he might have been in a distressed situation from his clothing etc. I said my quick prayer for them as I always do. I entered the home, and glanced out and saw him coming down the road. I locked the doors of all the entries. I took a couple of photos and looked back out and didn't see him anywhere, which was weird since there are clear views out of every window. Then, I heard the chime of the alarm that says someone entered the home... talk about a moment where your heart starts beating fast!

I quickly armed the alarm and went out the front door, locking it behind me. In my somewhat panicked state, I had to BACK down the winding driveway and got STUCK in the snow! Guess who helped guide me out? I didn't get out of the car, but thanked this very imposing man from inside my car. He had been watching me as I dug out the car from the drift.

Please always have someone accompany you when you are in a remote area. This could have gone a different direction very easily. I know my guardian Angel was with me yet again. I have been blessed so many times over in my lifetime.

If this saves one realtor from taking a chance, then this post is worth it!

Take care, Susan

No comments: